Can’t believe my little one is almost 3 months old! Better sneak in my “two month favorites” before we’re into month #3 in less than a week!!
1. pottery barn kids stroller blanket | 2. Little Remedies for Tummys | 3. Relax Melodies HD app | 4. The Hungry Caterpillar| 5. pottery barn kids hooded towel | 6. Exergen Temporal Scanner Thermometer | 7. The Berenstain Bears’ Valentines book | 8. Carter’s sleep sack
1. I fell in love with this blanket from Pottery Barn Kids because, well, it was chevron and purple. Little did I know that it would become one of our favorite blankets to use! It’s lightweight but still warm enough to keep my babe cozy as we suffer through this Michigan winter weather (aka PolarVortex.)
2. A few weeks into our second month my little one wasn’t going #2 and, me being the new worried momma, I called the doctor who suggested we try some gas drops. So the Hubs picked up Little Remedies for Tummys on his way home from work that evening and within 20 minutes of giving a dose to our Peanut (along with a little bicycle leg action) she was back to being “regular” again :)
3. A lot of the mom blogs have praised white noise apps for helping soothe little ones to sleep. My hubby downloaded the Relax Melodies HD app from iTunes and we use it all the time. What’s great about this app is that we can select which sounds to play and there are a ton of options!! Plus you can play more than one sound at the same time — we like like playing “ocean waves” and “heavy rain” together.
4. Our little one wasn’t super interested in her activity mat at first — that is until the Hubs hung up The Hungry Caterpillar with the rest of the dangly toys, now she swats at it all the time. She loves playing with it and now is very engaged and playful on the mat!!
5. We registered for hooded baby towels from the usual baby super store, but someone bought us this pottery barn kids hooded towel (in lavender of course!) At first I was like, “oh that’s nice” but after using it I was like “O.M.G. this towel is the best!” Seriously, it’s really worth the money! This towel is so plush and absorbent — it puts the towels we registered for to shame. I don’t even use them anymore, instead I’ve ordered two more of the PBK towels!! The Hubs and I love, love, LOVE them!
6. At our first month well visit the nurse used a scanner thermometer on our little one and when I mentioned how easy it seemed she told me that she had just bought one for her sister at Target. Not like I needed an excuse for a Target run, I headed out and bought the Exergen Temporal Scanner Thermometer, which came in very handy for our 2-month well visit when Peanut had her shots as we had to monitor her temp throughout the evening and this thermometer was so nice to have!
7. Peanut loves to read books, so they’re all a 2-month favorite in my opinion, but in the spirit of February one of the books I really enjoyed reading to her was The Berenstain Bears’ Valentines book. It reminds me of my childhood because I had a whole collection of The Berenstain Bears books — which now have been gifted down to my little one.
8. At about two and a half months Peanut started to kick the blanket off and find a way to get unswaddled at night so it didn’t take long for us to lose the blanket and move her to a sleep sack. We’ve been using the Carter’s sleep sack which is so cozy, it keeps her snuggly warm through the cold winter nights!